Thursday, October 22, 2009

10 Tips to Stay Fit at your Office Job


You are sitting at a desk for more than 8 hours a day. By the time you make it through your treacherous commute, you barely can fathom making dinner, never mind getting your butt to the gym.

Don't let your office job affect your physique, here is how:

1. Bring your own lunch. Eating out is a tough battle to stay in healthy boundaries. If you bring your own lunch you know exactly what is in it, and you can control your portions. If you do decide to eat out, you might want to read my post on how to stay healthy while eating at a restaurant.

2. Park your car at the far end of the parking lot. You get to work and you circle around for the closest spot. Instead, head to the farthest spot and just force yourself to walk it. It gets the blood running and your adrenaline pumping.

3. Take the stairs, not the elevator. Little things like this make a big difference. It might be annoying at first, but you will really feel it in your legs and butt.


4. Take a walk at lunch. Why not? Change of scenery and it's not like you are going to jog. Just take a stroll around the building or around the block.

5. Avoid the Candy Jar. Candy jars are bad. Just one here and there, ends up to being half a dozen. Check out my post on how many calories in Halloween candy. That will make you really want to think twice.

6. Bring your own snacks. If you bring your own snacks, it's a lot easier to stay away from the candy jar.

7. Have a snack before you hit the road. I don't know about you, but those hours between 3pm and dinner are the hardest for me. I usually have a snack around 4pm. It prevents me from a ravenous binge at dinnertime.


8. Avoid vending machines. It's rare that you will find something healthy in a vending machine. If there is, it's surrounded by doritos, oreos, and all your other favorites. I don't know about you, but I just don't have the will power to go for the trail mix.

9. Drink water during the day. It's good for you, and it keeps you hydrated.

10. Eat Breakfast. This will boost your energy in the AM and get your metabolism going. There are many other benefits of eating breakfast that you can read about in my previous post, The Importance of Eating Breakfast.




If you like this post, you might like these:



Return to www.DoesntHurtToBeBeautiful.com homepage


Subscribe to Doesn't Hurt to be Beautiful via email
Subscribe in a reader

1 comment:

Huge Fan!! said...

If only I could stick to this. BTW I love your site! I don't buy magazines anymore! I just read your blog!