Treadmills are typically the most accurate of the cardio machines, says Porcari: They have been around the longest, so the equations used to estimate calorie burn at various speeds and inclines have been tested on more subjects. Ellipticals, a more-recent addition to the machine category, tend to offer less-precise calorie estimates. "Ellipticals can be off 20-30 percent, and tend to be off on the high side," Porcari says.
Most women burn 500-650 calories after one hour of exercise on cardio machines, says Porcari.
Source: Health Articles
If you like this post, you might like these:
- How to Make your Waist Look Smaller
- How to Increase your Metabolism
- The Elliptical vs. Treadmill Controversy
- Burn 300 Calories in 30 mins
- Does late night eating make you fat?
- Snack choices under 50 calories
- Natural Ways to Prevent Breasts from Sagging
- The Truth About Starches
- Stay Beautiful in Allergy Season
- Are you getting enough sleep
- Myth: Doing Ab Exercises Gets Rid of Abdominal Fat
- Myth: Certain foods can burn fat and make you lose weight
Return to Doesn't Hurt to be Beautiful's Homepage
Subscribe to Doesn't Hurt to be Beautiful via email
Subscribe in a reader