Saturday, May 12, 2012

How to Make Your Blow Out Last Longer

Dirty Hair? Who knew?

I am not sure about you, but it takes me 40 excruciating minutes to blow out my hair. For all that hard work.. I am determined to make it last. The crazy thing is, my hair actually looks better dirty. Here are my tips:

Heat Style

Dirty hair can hold curl better than clean hair, so grab your blow-dryer and round brush, or even your curling iron. You'll add volume to your dirty locks and smooth it out. Also, dirty hair tends to hold the style longer.


Pony Up.. with a braid

If your hair is really dirty, the last think you want is it touching your face. Also, the eliminate the chance of it getting more stringy throughout the day. Adding a braid will give you a part and help your hairdo look more put together.

Texturizing Spray by Oribe

My sister turned me onto this spray, it's not cheap, but well worth the investment.  You can't just use any dry shampoo.. I have tried them all. Oribe’s Dry Texturizing Spray  far exceeds any expectations. It's a less messy alternative to dry shampoo. It absorbs the oil and helps add volume with no stiff or unnatural residue. While it’s a bit pricey ($19.50 for travel size, $39 for full 8.5 fl. oz. bottle), it really does provide a salon makeover. I have had the big bottle for 6 months and it's still going. The travel size one is perfect to keep in your purse. I typically just buy it directly from their website: http://oribe.com/ .

They also have other good sprays - for after the beach, anti-humidity, etc. - that are now available in purse sizes, too.  I got all of the purse sprays and they all seem to be awesome. Great for travel and styling on the go!


If you like this post, you might like these:

No comments: