You should slash no more than 250 calories a day - the amount in two slices of bread and a piece of cheese. Why? If you underfeed your body, it will start - in a couple of weeks (and certainly by two months) - storing calories as fat.
How low can you go? That depends on your weight, but a woman should absolutely never consume less than 1,200 calories a day, says Ken Goodrick, Ph.D., assistant professor at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston. If you go below the minimum, you probably won't be getting all the nutrients your body needs to stay healthy.
If you like this post, you might like these:
- Diet Secret #4: The weak go hungry...part 2
- How to Calculate your Calorie Intake to Lose Weight
- Preventing Dry Skin in the Winter
- Health Benefits of Coffee
- Do body firming lotions work?
- Benefits of Omega 3
- Boost Fiber to Slim Down
- Huge Lips Skinny Hips
Return to www.DoesntHurtToBeBeautiful.com homepage