Now that it's back to school, fitting in time at the gym is getting harder. No worries, try walking. Walking is a low-impact exercise with numerous health benefits. Walking is a gentle, low-impact exercise that can ease you into a higher level of fitness and health. It's safe, simple, doesn't require practice, and the health benefits are many.
Walking, like other exercise, can help you achieve a number of important health benefits. Walking can help you:
- Lower low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol (the "bad" cholesterol)
- Raise high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol (the "good" cholesterol)
- Lower your blood pressure
- Reduce your risk of or manage type 2 diabetes Manage your weight
- Improve your mood
- Stay strong and fit
How many calories can you burn?
You can calculate the calories burned based on your weight, speed, and distance.
If you like this post, you might like these:
- How to Increase Your Metabolism
- The Elliptical vs. Treadmill Controversy
- Burn 300 Calories in 30 mins
- Does late night eating make you fat?
- Snack choices under 50 calories
- Myth: Certain foods can burn fat and make you lose weight
Subscribe to Doesn't Hurt to be Beautiful via Email
Become a fan: Doesn't Hurt to be Beautiful on FACEBOOK