So you got a new pair of shoes and they're gorgeous, but they're a bit too tight. This happens to me a lot because I have really wide feet. Here are two tricks I use that are really easy ways to make them fit better.
1) Use rubbing alcohol
(This works with leather pumps, sandals, and boots.)
- Rub the alcohol into the critical spots.
- Then put on a pair of sweat socks and walk around your house with them on for an hour or so.
- Alcohol usually dries faster than water, and won't damage your shoes-- contrary to water, alcohol doesn't dry out the leather.
2) Use some baggies & throw them in the freezer
(I know this sounds silly, but it works! I use this rather on rougher shoes; ie patent leather)
- Take a plastic ziplock baggy and fill it with water.
- Put the baggy in the shoe
- Put the shoe in the freezer overnight- believe it or not as the water solidifies the shoe will be stretched.
- If it doesn't work for the first, repeat it several times until you'll stretch them more.
If you like this post, you might like these:
- Why nude colored shoes rock
- Sephora vs. Ulta
- Use hair conditioner to shave
- How to recycle BareMinerals makeup containers
- Getting Coupons Online: It's free money!
- How to grow out your highlights
- Crazy about Cocoa Butter
- Buff your nails at home
- Secret to Awesome Eyelashes
Return to Doesn't Hurt to be Beautiful home page
Subscribe to Doesn't Hurt to be Beautiful via email
Subscribe in a reader