Wednesday, July 1, 2009

What's your mascara?

Since I have started this blog I have been besieged with questions. The most popular question being about mascara. I have a personal favorite that I recommend to people, however not everyone I recommend it to is happy with it. So today the topic is mascara, and I have polled some close friends and family members on their personal favorites. Keep in mind: these are real people. They are not working for any of these companies or receiving any monetary reward for promoting these products.



BRITTANY
Lancome Definicils & L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara
I've been using Lancome Definicils ($24.00) for the past 6 years. It's great, stays on, really elongates lashes without making them too thick. I think this is perfect for a day look. I used to be a Chanel girl- but find that their mascaras really thicken the eyelashes- making it ver apparent that I had put on a lot of eye makeup. (I like to appear "fresh faced" with miniymal makeup to my coworkers.) My other favorite is L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara(the one that Penelope Cruz models for- $9.49). I find that mascaras really have a shelf life of only 1-2 months (once opened) before they start getting clumpy. I never finish the bottle- so sometimes opt for this cheaper mascara which makes eyelashes equally long and well defined.

Here is the link to check it out: Lancome DEFINICILS High Definition Black Mascara






MELISSA
MAC Zoom Lash
I've been using MAC Zoom Lash mascara for a couple of years. I went on a mission about a year ago to find the best mascara available. I tried Big Sexy Lash, Bare Escentuals. Tease, Dior Show along with some drug store brands...L’Oreal and Maybelline. I have to say that the MAC beat out the competition with Dior Show in a close second. The MAC Zoom Lash is very wet so it is not for everyone, but once you perfect how to apply it, it's great! It does not smudge or flake off. Your lashes look thicker, longer, and darker and they stay that way until you take it off. The Dior show was also good giving long thick lashes, but the mascara was drier than the MAC and therefore did not last as long and required more coats to reach the desired look. The brush is also bigger which makes it a little harder to get right in there and coat each little lash. Plus, at approx $24 it's almost twice the price of the MAC. For $13 MAC Zoom Lash is my favorite!




NICOLE
MaryKay Mascara

I’m so glad you are doing this because I haven't found a mascara that I love. Currently, I use a MaryKay mascara, but it's REALLY sticky, clumpy and it makes my eyes itch the next day. It does thicken my lashes, but I’m in desperate need of a new mascara. Help!





TASCHA
Lancome Definicils

I stick with Lancome Definicils, I have for years. I truly find that it gives you fresher, smoother, longer lashes.

Here is the link to check it out: Lancome DEFINICILS High Definition Black Mascara







JENNA
Chanel Inmitable & Maybelline Colossal Volume Express

My favorite is Chanel Inmitable. It doesn’t clump or dry out, and you only need 1 coat. I also use Maybelline Colossal Volume Express because it is cheap, like $7, and works well for the price. I use that when I don’t want to waste the Chanel. I use the cheap one on regular days and Chanel when I am going out.

Here is the link to check it out: CHANEL Inimitable Mascara







NATANYA
Lancome Oscillator

I just got it recently and I LOVE IT. It vibrates, battery operated, great for lengthening eye lashes - not for curl (I don’t need my eye lashes to curl). It shows great separation, I hate when my lashes clump together and this definitely prevents that and shows great definition. It didn’t appear to smudge when I went to the gym – it’s water resistant, washes off easily but didn’t smudge all day.







What about me?
Fiberwig
I have been using Fiberwig for about 3 years and I love it. It makes my lashes look long and it lasts all day. It actually has little fibers in it that make your eyelashes longer. I usually apply my mascara around 6:30am and I need it to last all day without smudging. I also go to the gym after work and leave my make up on. Fiberwig stays on the entire time. You can buy it at Amazon for less than $20. Prior to Fiberwig I used Dior Show for a very long time. I was very happy with Dior Show, however my one gripe was that my eyelashes would touch the top of my lid, and rub off leaving a black light smudge right under my brow bone. I would always have to check in the mirror and wipe off the smudging. Fiberwig does not do that.


If you like this post, you might also like these:
Secret to Awesome Eyelashes
NARS Super Orgasm Blush
My Stilettos Hurt My Feet

Braids like Lauren Conrad





No comments: