Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Foundation Forum

The mascara blog was a big hit! I have been getting many requests to discuss other products. I’ll keep polling my friends until they get tired of it! Foundation is the topic for today. I am a HUGE fan of Bare Escentuals. However, here are a few other opinions:

YONI
Sue Devitt
1) Name of the Foundation you use, and where do you buy it? I use Sue Devitt foundation, its only sold at Barney's

2) How long have you used it? I've used it for about a year

3) What do you like about it? Its made out of 70% seaweed so its really natural which I love, and I used to HATE foundation but this feels really light and natural

4) If there is one thing you could improve about it, what would that be? I pretty much have no complaints about it, other than the fact that it runs when I sweat but that's true of every foundation

5) Any trials with other foundations? What went wrong? Other foundations felt really heavy on my skin and I hated that when you looked up close you could see the flaky look of them, with this one you really can't tell that I have it on

6) Would you recommend this foundation to others? I would totally recommend this foundation to others


ANDREA
Prescriptives mineral powder
1) Name of the Foundation you use, and where do you buy it? Prescriptives mineral powder - unlike the popular bare escentuals this comes in many colors to match my unique skin tone. I actually wear a different color in the winter and the summer as my skin tone changes seasonally. It makes you looks smooth and evens out the complexion without making you look cakey or greasy. I buy mine at Macy's or Bloomingdales - most department stores or Sephora's carry it.

2) How long have you used it? About 9 mos.

3) What do you like about it? see above

4) If there is one thing you could improve about it, what would that be? Finding a good brush is a challenge - mineral powders need to be buffed into the skin with a powder/blush brush. You can layer it on for more coverage when you need to. My skin in sensitive, and i hate when the little brush hairs come off and stick to your face (an issue with cheap brushes)! The best brush i have found is at sephora - their top of the line silver handled ones with natural fibers (it costs over $50 so be prepared, but it lasts forever). I've had mine for almost a year already! (you do need to wash it out about once a month).

5) Any trials with other foundations? What went wrong? I use to use Mac Studio Stick - that's a stick/solid foundation. It's good, but a bit heavy on the coverage. Probably more coverage than most would want. Like any other foundation I've tried, by the end of the day it greases over - not so attractive! I like the mineral powders for the clean, fresh, natural look.

6) Would you recommend this foundation to others? Prescriptive Minerals - YES! In fact my friend recommended it to me one night. She showed up at dinner, and said to me "look at my skin, isn't it so smooth looking". She then told me she had been shopping and stopped by the Prescriptives counter where they put this on her, and she fell in love immediately. Now you will too


VICTORIA
Mac Mineralize Satinfinish
1) Name of the Foundation you use, and where do you buy it? Mac Mineralize Satinfinish SPF 15 Foundation, Mac counter

2) How long have you used it? 3 years

3) What do you like about it? Minerals give your skin an all over dewy glow

4) If there is one thing you could improve about it, what would that be? Nothing, Love it!

5) Would you recommend this foundation to others? Absolutely!





JENNA
Chanel powder
1) Name of the Foundation you use, and where do you buy it? Chanel. It is a powder foundation, I am not sure of the exact name. You can get it at Nordstroms, Neimans, Bloomingdales, etc. I also use a Clinique liquid (like in a skinny tube) for just on the spot stuff. I actually asked Chanel for theirs and they told me that I should get the Clinique kind because they thought it was better at covering little spots, and less expensive.

2) How long have you used it? 5 yrs

3) What do you like about it? It is very light but also provides good coverage.

4) If there is one thing you could improve about it, what would that be? Nothing!

5) Any trials with other foundations? What went wrong? I used to use a MAC powder foundation and I thought it looked too heavy, like you could see it on my face.

6) Would you recommend this foundation to others? Yes! But it is expensive.


ME
1) Name of the Foundation you use, and where do you buy it? I use Bare Escentuals powder foundation. I have the bareMinerals Starter Kit. It's only $60 and it gives you two shades of foundation so you can adjust for when you get a tan or mix them if the shades don’t match your skin exactly. It also comes with bronzer and the brushes. I usually buy it from Amazon online.

2) How long have you used it? About 4+ years

3) What do you like about it? I break out very easily – what I like about it is that is provides good coverage without clogging your pores. It never runs when you sweat, and it also has SPF.

4) If there is one thing you could improve about it, what would that be? Nothing, at first I was hesitant that a powder or “mineral” makeup wouldn’t provide enough coverage. It isn’t as heavy as a liquid, so it takes some time to get used to your skin feeling so naked.

5) Any trials with other foundations? What went wrong? Before Bare Escentuals, I used Chanel. It was too heavy and caused me to breakout.

6) Would you recommend this foundation to others? Yes, I love Bare Escentuals. I have gotten the starter kit for all of my sisters as gifts and they love it too.




If you like this post, you might like these:




No comments: