Here is what I found:
There are various sources of omega 3 fatty acids, where the most well known are fish oil and flaxseed oil.
Omega 3 fish oil is probably the most beneficial source of omega 3 fatty acids. It can be found in cold water fish, like mackerel, tuna, salmon and herring, but is also available in form of pills. The advantage of omega-3 nutritional supplements is that most of the contaminants (such as PCB and metals) are removed during the purification process. Also, when you buy omega 3 nutritional supplements, make sure they contain antioxidants. They will keep your supplements fresh and help to eliminate the incidences of fish burps.
Health Benefits from omega 3 fish oils:
* They can help to increase your energy level.
* Might prevent certain types of cancer
* Improve your sleep
* Reduce inflammation
* Improve muscle recovery from trauma
* Help with arthritis.
* Can improve constipation.
* Provide lubrication to the skin, arteries, veins and intestinal tract.
* Help to prevent cardiovascular diseases.
* Help to improve concentration
* Benefit for diseases like: Alzheimer’s, depression and many other cognitively impaired situations.
* Reduces high blood pressure and lowers cholesterol.
* Might improve the healing capability for various health problems.
So, this is quite an impressive list of health benefits, but you should also be aware that omega 3 fish oil isn't a "miracle drug" that helps you to get rid of all kinds of health benefits in an instant. It's more of a preventative measure for a healthy life and future. With a long list like this, it would be silly not to take them.
Where to buy them? I buy mine at the local drug store in the vitamin isle.
Here is the source where I found this information: http://www.omega3-foods.info/ . However, I visited a couple other websites with concurrent information.
If you like this post, you might like these: Diet
- Subscribe to Doesn't Hurt to be Beautiful via Email
- Become a fan: Doesn't Hurt to be Beautiful on FACEBOOK