Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Old Dresses, New Looks

Since the recession began, I have been very careful with my budget. It doesn't help the matter that I am trying to pay for graduate school at night. I have decided to look inside my current wardrobe for new looks. I noticed there was a corner of my closet of floral, girly dresses that I typically wear to family functions, bridal showers, baby showers, or other G-rated day events. The problem with these dresses is that they are very cute, but never flattering. The are typically a little on the girly side and usually fall below the knee. I took a couple of these dresses to my local tailor and asked him to take up the hem line and turn them into mini-dresses (a couple inches above the knee). GREAT IDEA. For $10 each I got a new dress that was far more wearable than the original!



No comments: