I polled about 24 of my female friends and family members. For the most part, they all had the same top 3 responses for what they would want.
1. Pajamas you would never buy yourself: Victoria's secret PINK line offers tons of cute options. It's pretty easy to find a cute set there. If you are a guy, ask someone for help and get a gift receipt. My recommendation would be Victoria's Secret Bling Robe for $54.50. (You can't mess up on the size of a robe!)
2. Items to keep warm that you would never splurge on: Leather gloves, UGG ear muffs or hat, or a cashmere scarf. Most items by UGG are usually so cute and cozy. I think most people feel the same way, but it's sometimes too expensive to buy yourself. My recommendation would be the UGG Earmuffs that are $75 or the UGG Bucket Hat that is $135.
3. Luxury beauty items: Lotions, scrubs, makeup sets, etc. Go for luxury brands that most women love, but sometimes can't get themselves, ie. Chanel, Dior, La Mer, etc. Kiehl's lotion products are also very nice, my aunt never stops raving about them. You can get a great gift package called the Kiehl's "World of Kiehl's Set" for $45 from Nordstrom. My recommendation would be the Les Minis De Chanel Gift Set Collection that you can get from Neiman Marcus for $120. You really can't go wrong with a travel make-up brush set.
- For men, steer clear of clothing that is not lounge wear or pajamas. Why? Too many ways to go wrong. Some women are very specific about their clothing style, and lets be honest guys - you can hardly dress yourselves. Also it's hard to get fit right. If you get something a bigger size (by accident), you lady might be offended. If you get something too small, they will feel bad that they can't fit into it.
- If you are going to get a gift card, that's fine. At least put some thought or effort into it. Get a gift card from Sephora, Nordstrom, or another store that says you put some thought into it.
- Always get a gift receipt, you never know.
If you like this post, you might like these:
- Surviving the Holiday Dinner on a Diet
- How to Look Good in Leggings
- Winter Coats for your Body Type
- 9 Ways to Wear a Scarf
- How to Re-Wear a Dress
- How many calories in sushi?
- Sexy Winter Stockings
- Does late night eating make you fat?
- YES to Mini Skirts in the Winter!
Return to www.DoesntHurtToBeBeautiful.com homepage