Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Eyeliner Tips and Tricks

Out of all the make-up there is, I think eye-liner application is the toughest.

What is better- liquid or pencil?


I have tried both. I don't like either. I have a shaky hand and liquid takes me too long to apply. Also most liquid eye-liners will make you look like the bride of Frankenstein with the first tear or drop of rain. Also, most fluid liners tend to burn when you get them in your eyes. On the other hand, pencil usually will smudge or wear off before the end of the work day. Pencil is usually not as dramatic or precise.

Here is my suggestion: MAC's Fluidline. One of my best girlfriends, Melissa, originally suggested this. She was right on with her recommendation. The Fluidline is a little quarter size pot with like thick mud-like pigmented liner. You apply it with a thin "eye-liner" brush. What I love about this is (1) it's easy to apply with a brush (2) Never smudges, go to the gym, cry, (3) the little pot/container lasts about 3 months if you use it every day (4) it's only $15.00.. you can buy it on MAC's website or any MAC Store.


How to apply:

Step 1: Start with a completely bare eye, no shadow or mascara.

Step 2: Apply liquid liner in the upper lashes with the brush. Get close as possible to the lashes. The result is not supposed to be a line. It's supposed to look as if the lashes themselves are super thick at the root.

Step 3: Wait 2 minutes for it to dry, then apply mascara.

Step 4: Compare eye to other naked eye and see if you love the results.

Step 5: Before you go to sleep make sure you wash your face. I use Pond's cold cream to remove eye makeup.


If you like this post, you might like these:

No comments: